About Jaya Narayan
Namaste. I am a Naarm (Melbourne) based mental health professional. I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land where I work and live, the Boon Wurrung and Woiwurrung (Wurundjeri) peoples of the Kulin Nation. I pay my respects to Elders past and present. I am indebted to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders across Australia for their care and connection to country, waterways, songlines and culture. I respectfully bow to my ancestors and ancient cultural heritage for their continued guidance and allyship.
Companioning individual(s) and group(s) to soothe stress, distress, overwhelm and dysregulation due to traumatic experiences and life adversity (PTSD, Complex trauma and relational trauma) has been my life’s calling. As a psychotherapist, I am adept at holding culturally attuned therapeutic space(s) by intersecting the somatics, creative, interpersonal and cognitive to counter-act traumatic stress and foster post traumatic growth.
By embodying the therapeutic stance of integrity, transparency and relationality to co-create safe space(s) for individual(s) and group(s) for ages 10+ years. I practice culturally safe, affirmative and inclusive frameworks. Neurodivergent, nonbinary, culturally diverse and differently abled individuals are welcome. Please consider my work if you value being seen, heard and witnessed.
My decade plus of therapeutic proficiency is gathered through immersive work experiences in India and Australia. Previously, I was an influential international Human Resources leader, life coach and diversity/leadership specialist.
Currently, I offer session(s) via telehealth and in person (agency/schools/ home outreach). Please schedule a 20 minute-no obligation-meet and greet consultation with me to know more about me, my practice and how we could collaborate.
- AThR in Expressive art(s) therapy.
- Associate Director in Psychodrama & Group Psychotherapy.
- Specialist competencies in Somatics (breathwork, yoga & somatic psychotherapy, embodiment practices).
- Accredited facilitator in Group process & Identity level personal work.
- Professional Member, ANZACATA -Australian, New Zealand and Asian Creative Arts Therapies Association.
- Level 3 Clinical member, ACA -Australian Counselling Association.
- Member, PIM- Psychodrama Institute Melbourne.
- Institutional Member -Aastha Foundation.
In my digital avatar (website, social media), I value being real which is represented here & everywhere through ‘non-staged’/ raw content(s).