My temperament and work style has been fine-tuned after years of clinical practice. I can be of service to you in your post-trauma healing journey through one on one offerings and group engagements.
My therapeutic philosophy leans on the embodied-expressive-experiential processes. I recognise the complex interplay (in)-between our mental, physical, emotional and spiritual realms. Unfortunately mental health symptoms eg. depressed mood, generalised anxiety, panic or sleep disturbances are pathologically ‘treated’ as a stand-alone entity. My expertise lies in considering these ‘presentation(s) as a creative adaptation of our psycho-neuro-biological intelligence. My work ethic is instilled in the belief that our adaptive response(s) make sense. The therapeutic spaces co-created [be it for individual(s) or group(s)] evokes playful curiosity and an experimental attitude. The focus during session(s) is to be awe-inspired by your super-power(s) of attunement, creativity, resourcefulness and integration. I permit my spontaneity to be included as an active ingredient for adults, teens and children alike.
A few recently agreed therapeutic goal(s) listed here can provide you a sense of where we could begin collaborating -
- To strengthen emotional regulation and somatic resourcing to navigate waves of anxiety and unsettle.
- To explore creative risk-taking through expressive and somatic exploration(s).
- To strengthen embodied intelligence and somatic attunement.
- To befriend imagination for memory processing and integration.
- To bring attention to body cues, impulses and procedural memory.
- To access increased choice(s) especially when heightened/triggered.
- Reframing trusting relationships with myself and another due to previous toxic experience(s).
- To safely express pain, abandonment, loss and grief.
- To attend to self-forgiveness, shame & guilt emerging from past experience(s).
- To shift within from surviving to thriving.
- To make peace with the impact of abandonment of the past on my present life.
- To bolster my self-concept dented due to my traumatic past.
If you are curious to explore if I and the expressive modality is a good fit for you, book time now.