Recommended video, audio and books
These videos, audios, books & movies recommendation on trauma, mental health and personal growth have been curated by me. Hopefully, these resources can offer YOU a sense of the theoretical underpinnings and inspirations of my therapeutic presence.
- Prompt(s) to stabilize the stress response when aroused.
- Understanding the concept of window of capacity (tolerance).
- Polyvagal hierarchy of protection (defence).
- What is Interoception and why is it important?
- Trauma is Really Strange : Steve Haines, Sophie Standing (Illustrator).
- My Grandmother’s Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending Our Hearts and Bodies : Resmaa Menakem.
- The Body Keeps the Score: Mind, Brain and Body in the Transformation of Trauma : Bessel van der Kolk.
- What Happened to You? Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing : Bruce D. Perry and Oprah Winfrey.
- Jonathan Livingstone Seagull : Richard Bach
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland : Lewis Carroll
- The wizard of oz : L. Frank Baum
- The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse : Charlie Mackesy
- The Velveteen Rabbit : Margery Williams
- Women who Run with the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype : Clarissa Pinkola Estés
- Basava And The Dots Of Fire : Radhika Chadha
- The Little Prince : Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Life is beautiful
- Bucket List
- The Intouchables
- The wisdom of trauma