Neuroscience research proves that 93% of communication occurs pre-verbally (e.g. via tone of voice, gestures and posture, micro-movements, facial expression,five-senses) while only 7% is through speech. Neurobiology and polyvagal research validates that YOU & I are pre-verbal, sensory, somatic, expressive and emotional being.
Our innate gifts can become our treasure in the therapeutic journey.
Traumatic stress interferes with our ability to express verbally and make meaning of unmetabolised experience(s). The wounding, fragmentation and angst caused by trauma (& adversity) are undeniable and long-term. Any psycho-therapeutic intervention which reinforces memory recall, sequencing, reflecting ,and meaning-making is discombobulating. Unfortunately, cognition is an unreliable asset for recovery from trauma.
Trauma survivors implicitly seek shelter in relational safety, self-directed pace and gentleness. Our sensory-somatic brilliance can be harvested through somatic attunement and by centering the nervous system.
The journey out of trauma imprint(s) towards integration is through -
- Embracing embodied a felt sense of safety, stability and agency.
- Architecting self & Co-Regulation.
- Expressing impulse(s) for attunement & integration.
- Re-wiring procedural tendencies.
- Developing awareness of unconscious choices and implicit responses.
- Attending to memory fragments and sensory residues.
- Blossoming creative resourcefulness.
Lets have a conversation to re-inhabit Psychological safety, autonomic nervous system regulation(s), attachment repair(s) and spontaneity.