The version of Expressive modalities (ExAT) I practice, combines expressive art(s) therapy, Psychodrama, process work & somatic therapies. I embrace the ‘low skill - high sensitivity’ approach with the focus NOT on achieving outcomes rather on the PROCESS of connecting with OUR imaginal field of POTENTIAL.
In a session(s) we experientially focus on refining our 5 SENSE perception and INTUITION as a gateway to our evolved faculties of Creative Imagination, Expressive movement, Vocalisation and Sensory-motor rhythms. The methodologies are evidence based and validated by neuroscience research on the pyscho-sensory-neuro-biological foundation(s) of mental & emotional well-being as well as scaffolded by the ancient cultural and communal healing practice(s).
What are the advantages of Expressive-Creative Art(s) therapies?
- Integrate the left & right hemispheres of the brain through intentional gross and micro-body movement(s).
- Aid sensory and nervous system regulation to foster relational safety and social engagement.
- Boost self-esteem through anchoring on our life force of imagination, creativity and spontenity.
- Consolidate implicit memory and tacit emotions in the body through present moment experiencing and embodied expression in the [‘here & now].
- Alleviate PTSD symptoms, anxiety, chronic pain, depressed mood, hypervigilance and emotional dysregulation using our 5 senses, movement, felt sense perception and creative /somatic experimentation(s).
If you are curious to sense how therapeutic space can be tailored to your needs, ask!